Wednesday, December 12, 2007

CEO Tip 4 Family – It’s all about the People

By John Maver

This wasn’t part of the presentation to the Renaissance Forum for CEOs but the idea is significant for you.

It follows the thoughts about the importance of people. Some people are very important and that group is family. It is critical that CEOs get a balance in life so that they enjoy and lead their families as well as their companies. How easy it is to get caught up in the work day and neglect your real responsibilities. Don’t do it. We all can make excuses that our attention is needed every moment on the business. Don’t be fooled.

I am including this note here because I just had a new grandson today. His name is John Arnold Heard and he is named after both of his grandfathers. I’ll be spending a lot of time with him.
His sister Ella Blue Heard is 2 ½ and I spend a lot of time with her as well.

My other 4 grandchildren live in the Boston or the Toronto area and I don’t see them as much as I would like and that kills me. From left to right, they are Zoe Diana Maver, Hannah Victoria Maver, Ryan Jack Clemente and Andrew Austin Maver. I need to get better at finding creative longer distance ways of contact.

My point in this other than bragging about these six fantastic kids is to say, please don’t cheat yourself. There is no rewind button on life so don’t miss out on the most important people in your life.

Give your family a hug today.

John

John Maver
Maver Management Group
(925) 648-7561
Maver Management

View John Maver's profile on LinkedIn













No comments: